If you’re new to this show, our process is simple.
Step 1: You ask, or vote on, your favorite web analytics questions. Vote on next week’s questions using this Web Analytics TV Google Moderator site.
Step 2: From a secret undisclosed location at the Googleplex Avinash Kaushik & Nick Mihailovski answer them. :-)
In this episode we award the “Ninja of the Episode” and award it to Maggie in Bulgaria, for a great question about the difference between the days and visits to transaction report and the time lag reports in multi channel funnels. Maggie, just email us and we’ll send you a signed copy of Web analytics 2.0.
OK. Here is the list of last episodes questions.
In this action packed episode we discuss:
- (0:35) Working with changes in various country’s cookie policies
- (1:56) Recommendation for tracking bounces on content sites
- (4:32) Tracking exit links from your website
- (7:00) Tracking and reporting customer lifetime value
- (9:47) Days to purchase vs time lag reports in multi-channel funnels
- (11:48) Cross domain and sub-domain tracking using a GACP
- (13:01) Funnel visualization via the API
- (16:03) Interaction hits and impact on quota
- (16:41) Tracking internal referrals / campaings / house ads
- (17:51) Why visits and entrances are the same for page level custom vars
- (19:54) Comparing mondays, week over week
- (20:42) Time between setting profiles filers and seeing data in reports
Here are the links to the topics we discuss:
- Funnel visualization using paditrack
- Vote on developer issue in our issue tracker
- Justin Cutroni explains how to use internal site search to track internal campaigns
- Use Excellent Analytics, GA Data Grabber, Next Analytics to extract data into excel
- Check out the Google Analytics App Gallery for great tools
If you found this post or video helpful, we'd love to hear your comments. Please share them via the comment form below.
This series would not be possible without your awesome questions. Please submit them on our public Google Moderator site, and while you’re there don’t forget to vote for your favorite questions. Avinash and I will answer them in a couple of weeks with yet another entertaining video.
Posted by Nick Mihailovski, Google Analytics Team